Don't Be THAT House This Holiday Season (7-Day Cleaning Plan)
THE HOLIDAY'S ARE HERE! Is your home ready for guests? Prepping for guests can be HECTIC. So on top of dealing with cooking, decorating AND cleaning, leave the cleaning to the professionals. Regardless the size of your space, relying on a residential cleaning service to clean your house for those social functions makes all of the difference.
One major benefit of having a professional cleaner come in is that they see everything from a visitors point of view. That houseplant with the dead leaves you're used to? Your guests may notice that.
If you're more of a "day it myself" type, below is a 7-day cleaning plan I've acquired to make life much. much, much cleaner.
-Walk through your home with a visitor's eye. As mentioned above, you may be used to some things that a visitor would notice right away.
- Create a plan, gather family members, and assign chores.
- Wash windows and vacuum window screens.
- Damp-mop baseboards.
- Launder and press your window and shower curtains (I'm lazy and put them in the dryer with the wrinkle-release option turned on.)
- Launder bedspreads and bedding if needed.
- Deep-clean bathrooms and medicine cabinets (yes, people will look.)
- Straighten bedrooms; remove clutter and donate or store that clutter out of sight.
- Straighten the coat closet to make room for guests' coats. If needed, add some extra hangers.
- Wash throw's and little rugs; set them aside so they're fresh and fluffy the day of the gathering.
- Clean range or stove top, surfaces, and grates.
- Clean out the refrigerator, making room for party foods; dust top of refrigerator.
- Wipe down all large and small appliances.
- Wipe down kitchen cabinets.
- Take recycling to recycling bins or facilities.
- Sweep entryway, polish the doorknob, and decorate the entry with seasonal touches.
- Dust all surfaces, including bookshelves, picture frames, and art. DON'T FORGET THE CEILING FANS!
- Clean the kitchen sink and dish drainer.
DAY 7: (Day of Event)
- Clean your trash cans and add fresh bags.
- Wipe down any dirty areas in the bathroom using a household cleaner and paper towels/
- Wipe down bathroom mirrors ad counters. Wipe down floors with a damp towel.
- Put toilet bowl cleaner in the toilets; brush them.
- Hang fresh towels and put out fresh hand soap.
- Damp-mop the kitchen floor.
- Vacuum carpets and dry mop wood floors.
- Fluff sofa cushions and pillows.
- Decorate with special touches, such as candles and flowers.