Now let's talk hardwood floors! They can be a NIGHTMARE. But follow my quick and easy steps below and you'll find yourself with fantastic-looking, clean floors!
What You'll Need:
- Hardwood Floor Cleaner (I recommend Bona)
- Microfiber Mop
- Baking Soda
What To Do:
- Spray a 3x3 foot area with the cleaner and go over it with the microfiber mop to pickup dissolved dirt. Clean one are at a time.
- Light scuff? Buff it out with a clean sock or a clean tennis ball.
- Heavier scuff? Apply a little baking soda to a damp cloth and gently tub the mark until it disappears.
3 COMMON HARDWOOD FLOOR MISTAKES:
1. Wearing your shoes at home.
- Dirt and grit are abrasive and over time, these particles leave behind fine scratches that make your floors look dull.
2. Not vacuuming enough.
- Nothing removes dirt and fine debris from the cracks and crevices of a wood floor like a vacuum cleaner. Be sure to turn off the rotating brush to keep the bristles from scratching your floors.
3. Waiting too long to clean up spills.
- If you let spills dry on your floors, they'll dull the finish and attract additional dirt. Blot spills immediately with an absorbent cloth. Follow-up with a damp paper towel to remove residue and buff dry.
I wish you all luck with your floors! :)